Hello I Heart Fountain Hills readers! It’s Sonia from SollusFit again. Have you ever heard the quote “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”? It’s something I have written on a post-it near my refrigerator and it’s a quote that I can apply to all aspects of my life – specifically meal planning. Life gets hectic and if you have kids, schedules get pretty crazy, so planning ahead of time is key when trying to balance it all. Don’t know where to start? Welcome to Meal Planning 101!
Meal Planning 101:
I can’t tell you enough how planning ahead saves time and money. This is the year of YOU! So let’s get comfy, grab a cup of tea and get to know the online plethora of cookbooks, a.k.a Pinterest.
- Decide how many meals you are planning for and what level of cooking fits in with your schedule. Week night practices and games get hectic so I like to plan for something I can throw in the crock-pot on those nights.
- Think about what you already have in your pantry, fridge and freezer and determine if they can be used in any meals for the coming week.
- Log on to Pinterest and start pinning! New to Pinterest? Download the Pinterest 101 Tutorial.
- MAKE A LIST AND STICK TO IT.
- Shop the clearance section and look for the sales! Especially on organic produce, meat and dairy.
- As soon as you get home, wash, chop and store your veggies. This will save time for preparing meals later in the week and also make things easy for grab n’ go healthy snacks.
Happy planning and pinning!
SollusFit is a local Fountain Hills business that is on a mission to empower people to live happy healthy lives through education and support. Our business focuses on the whole picture – nutrition AND fitness. Whether from across the country or down the street, we work individually with clients to better understand their goals and the most efficient way to achieve and (more importantly) sustain them. Email me for a free consultation or visit our website for more information. This is the year of YOU, and if you change your mind, your body will follow!