It’s that time of year again, Halloween! Not only am I stressing out over my three year-old son keeping his pirate costume on, but I’m also cringing dealing with him screaming “Candy! Candy! Candy!” twenty four hours a day in all the days following. Here are some healthier Halloween treat recipes for all of the parties and events as a replacement for the usual sugar-laden fare.
1. A very simple, no-bake recipe is Oatmeal Pumpkin Balls (via Food Hunter’s Guide).
2. We love this idea of a Halloween pumpkin pizza (via Fun On A Dime) where you can use a whole wheat tortilla or English muffin for a crust and any veggies you like in the shape of triangles.
3. Check out these Healthy Homemade Snickers Bars (via The Organic Dietician) utilizing dates as caramel, pure genius!
5. This will take some time, but this healthy Halloween brain (via East Valley Mom Guide) made from a watermelon is AMAZING!
6. I can’t wait to try these healthy Candy Corn Popsicles (via The Girl Inspired).
7. An alternative to candy apples and more fun, Goblin Grins (via Snixy Kitchen)!
8. Frankenstein sandwiches (via Little Food Junction) are so inventive!
9. Frozen coconut banana pop ghosts (via Gluten Free Fix)!
10. Clementine pumpkins are clever and simple.
Bonus: Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (via A Whimsicle Life)
You might also like: